After watching some (OK, a lot) of the opening weekend of the NBA's second season, some things occurred to me.
• Is George Clooney trying to compete with his buddy Brad by doing Budweiser VOs? WTF?
• The new Bulls are fun to watch, but watch out for Ben Gordon if they start losing again.
• Do the movie/playoff tie-in promos that TNT does really work? I'm not sure that this is the right venue for Kingdom of Heaven.
• The adidas commercials are works of art, but somebody please tell me what they have to do with the shoes. The shoes are intelligent? Does that mean they understand the ads?
• Enough with the pouty looks after you score and get fouled. If you're trying to look intense, it's not working. You look like you just chomped on a lemon. Score, pump your fist and be done with it. Stop trying to look like you've just had every member of your family insulted and your hometown invaded by locusts. It's just basketball.
• Ahmad Rashad owns the NBA behind-the-scenes/personal interest story.
• The XXX 2: Electric Boogaloo tie-ins are not going to help, but it still may open bigger than H2G2. [sigh]
• The Heat: Shaq 2.0. Kobe who?
There are new Halo 2 maps out there. Go and get them.
Also, I will be in NYC Saturday the 7th, so mark your calendars, mmm-K?